Responsible for coordinating the transportation of, and transporting, residents to outings and appointments, while ensuring their safety and well-being.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Coordinates, plans and transports residents to medical appointments, social outings, and shopping trips. Compiles information from online work order system so schedule and route can be prepared in advance. Must ensure that residents make their scheduled appointments on time and that they do not have to wait for long periods to be picked up afterwards.
2. Inspects vehicle daily to ensure that it is safe and in good working condition. Completes daily Driver's Vehicle Inspection Report and submits it daily to department supervisor. When necessary, makes arrangements for cleaning, repairs, and maintenance that will not interfere with the transportation schedule, unless it is unavoidable.
3. Places work orders, as needed, for vehicle repairs or functionality issues. Utilizes the online work order system and calendar to ensure that all pertinent information is gathered prior to requesting approval to send a vehicle out for maintenance or repairs. Uses only approved vendors for repairs to the company vehicles.
4. Ensures the exterior of the bus or van is washed regularly, which must be every two weeks. Maintains cleanliness of the interior of the vehicles are deep cleaned regularly, at least every two weeks. Restocks items on the vehicles as necessary, and identifies additional items that may be needed.
5. Records expenses incurred during the outing, such as gasoline, parking, etc. Keeps copy of daily logs and vehicle inspection reports. Organizes files and reports in designated storage area. Maintains all required DOT reports and paperwork.
6. Ensures the safety of residents by remaining with them at all times, during outings; particularly those who are in need of additional assistance as identified by the Care and Activities teams.
7. Organizes and prioritizes multiple appointments taking into consideration driving time and the loading and unloading of residents.
8. Other functions as assigned, including work in other areas, if qualified, to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods, or otherwise meet the needs of the organization.
1. Customer/Client Focus.
2. Teamwork Orientation.
3. Ethical Conduct.
4. Communication Proficiency.
5. Organizational Skills.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pound sand occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days vary according the transportation schedule and needs of the residents.
Required Licenses, Certificates and Experience
1. Current California Driver License Type B with a passenger endorsement; clean driving record, and clean DMV report.
2. Current First Aid Certificate.
3. Must have at least one year experience as a Class B driver with a passenger endorsement.
Must be able to obtain clearance from DOJ, clear FBI fingerprinting and criminal background check, TB test, health screening and required physical abilities testing.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply online or you may apply in person at 7700 Fox Road, Hughson CA, 95326.Apply Online