We are looking for a Sous Chef to support the Executive Chef in carrying out department initiatives, monitoring food for consistency and quality, supervising staff, maintaining inventory, and fostering the department culture. The Sous Chef’s role is to be an extension of the Executive Chef, supporting and carrying out decisions and plans, maintaining consistent communication and high quality food.
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and team-focused is essential to you, then you’ll be a great part of our team. We are looking for a strong communicator, who has the proven ability to supervise staff consistently and fairly.
We are proud to offer:
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive healthcare benefits
• 403(b) Retirement plan
• Paid Time Off
• Paid holidays
• Advancement opportunities
As a key member of the Dining Services department, the Sous Chef is responsible for the daily production of food by following the established menu and guidelines. The Sous Chef directly supervises the kitchen staff, ensures that food is prepared to the highest level of quality, and monitors guest satisfaction and cleanliness. Following the Executive Chef’s specifications: hires, trains and schedules kitchen personnel. The successful candidate will take a hands-on approach to supervising kitchen operations, ensuring excellent food quality, consistency, plating and technique. The Sous Chef will make certain that the kitchen and food storage areas are clean and sanitary. Assists the Executive Chef with operating the kitchen within approved budgeted expenses.
• 6+ years of experience as a Sous Chef
• Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
• Accuracy and speed in handling emergency situations and providing solutions
• Familiarity with industry’s best practices
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS, etc.)
• BS degree in Culinary Science is a plus
This is a full-time position, typically working 40+ hours per week.
Pre-employment criminal background check, employment history/professional reference verification, physical, drug screen and TB test required. EOE