Samaritan Village offers employees an opportunity to grow both personally and professionally while providing seniors with an exceptional retirement experience. To learn more about our current openings, please check the Listings section below. If you are interested in any of our available positions, you may fill out an application 7 days per week from 7am to 7pm in person, or send your resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Department
7700 Fox Road
Hughson, CA 95326
Job Hotline: 209-883-3215
Provides a wide range of activities that interest and stimulate the residents both physically and mentally. To understand and promote the philosophies of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights, and well-being for all residents. Must motivate and guide the residents to participate in activities and events designed to enrich their lives and promote their overall health and well-being.
• Minimum two years of experience as an events/party planner
• HS diploma and some college preferred or equivalent experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Clean DMV record.
• Must have the physical and mental health to meet the demands of the position.
• Must be able to demonstrate good organizational and literacy skills.
• Must possess creative ideas with good initiative and follow through.
• Willingness to undertake relevant training.
• Maintains a professional appearance of self and working area.
• Computer competency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Publisher and Excel.
• Must be certified by the first 30 days of employment.
Resident Care Assistant (On Call)
Resident Care Assistant assists with daily living, meal set-up, activities assistance, laundry and cleaning. This is a 7 day 24 hour service we provide to our residents.
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge required to recognize side effects of prescribed and over the counter medication.
• Knowledge needed to recognize early signs of illness of residents and recognize their need for professional help.
• Willingness and ability to work flexible hours
• Minimum of 1 year related experience
• Skills and knowledge needed to assist residents with their activities of daily living.
• Maturity and ability to cope with the demands of the job and residents.
Under the guidance of the Lead Cook or Cook II, the Cook I is responsible for food production and related tasks by following established menus, recipe guidelines and procedures.
• Minimum one year of experience in food preparation.
• Reading and writing skills in order to understand recipes, menus, production sheets, labels and other written information required to complete the job.
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Knowledge and ability to use/clean kitchen equipment properly and safely.
• Must possess high standards of personal appearance and hygiene.
• Must be able to lift heavy pots, pans, and supplies and push or pull transport carts.
Responsible for transporting residents to outings and appointments, while insuring their safety and well-being.
• Minimum five (5) years driving experience; experience in similar position desirable.
• Current California Driver’s License for vehicle type, with a good driving record, and a clean DMV report.
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Handles confidential information discreetly and professionally.
• Current CPR and First Aid Certificate.